La Casa Blu was designed in 1955 by Eduardo Vittorio and was the R&D Centre for Olivetti. It was the main site for IDII acting as a space for the staff, administration, students and guests. It included a basement workshop space for physical computing, a ground floor lecture theatre, library & chill-out space, a rarely used reception area, a first floor studio space for students and lecture rooms, a second floor with offices for staff and a top floor for the directors & management. The building was surrounded by patios all around and had a distinctive blue tiling. As of November 2019, it has been taken over by Olivetti again as a site for 80 people and the home of the first 5G antenna in Ivrea.